Background

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Round 8

Can you believe we have made it this far? I know when it all started, this point seemed really far away. But we are 2/3rds of the way done!!

Kent has pretty much gotten used to how things feel now. The Heparin (?) injection still makes him gag a lot, he almost threw up this time, but other then that he seems to be having an ok cycle. We even made it out for a walk as a family today. Kennedy was so happy. He just wanted to ride on Daddy's shoulders and walk holding Daddy's hands. :) Kent was pretty exhausted by the end, but his spirits were lifted.

It really made me smile this round, both Tuesday and Thursday, seeing Kent encouraging the other patients. Today especially. There was another young man doing chemo who looked pretty down. Kent simply said "Good luck" and to an older woman "Hang in there" and they both looked surprised, but smiled. The few simple words were enough to maybe get them through the treatment, to know that someone cared. We have had several individuals who have provided us with those words of comfort and they are still with us. I think we might always remember them.

I am so grateful that Kent is thinking about others, and not just himself which could be so easy to do. I love my sweet husband and admire him for what he is going through. I know it isn't easy, but I am grateful he is fighting so hard. Happy Father's Day to my wonderful sweetheart!


Dad quote via www.Facebook.com/IncredibleJoy

General Conference 2014, May Visiting Teaching handout- print as 4x6 photo


1 comment: